ATPS signs a Memorandum of Understanding with FANRPAN
The African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Food Agriculture and Natural Resources Policy Analysis Network (FANRPAN) on 3rd December 2014. The MOU was signed by the ATPS Ag. Executive Director Dr. Nicholas Ozor and the Chief Executive Officer and Head of Mission at FANRPAN, Dr Lindiwe Majele Sibanda.
FANRPAN is an autonomous stakeholder driven policy research, analysis and advocacy network and is mandated to work in all African countries to promote effective Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources (FANR) policies by: (i) facilitating linkages and partnerships between government and civil society, (ii) supporting demand-driven policy research and analysis and (iii) building capacity for policy analysis and policy dialogue in Africa.
The African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS) is a trans-disciplinary network of researchers, policymakers, private sector actors and the civil society that promotes the generation, dissemination, use and mastery of science, technology and innovations (STI) for African development, environmental sustainability and global inclusion.
The MoU will provide a framework of cooperation and understanding and facilitate collaboration between the two principals to further their shared goals and objectives to:
- accelerate Africa’s quest to eradicate poverty, hunger and malnutrition and improve the general well-being of its people;
- enhance cooperation between both institutes on key thematic areas of common concern and interest;
- promote capacity building and institutional development of both organizations through partnership, cooperation and exchange;
- broker knowledge and dialogue on regional agricultural policies and markets development in Africa;
- contribute to the institutional strengthening of African regional organizations, in the context of regional integration, trade and agricultural policy frameworks and processes.
The MoU will foster collaboration in areas of active promotion of evidence- based multi-stakeholder policy dialogues at national and regional levels as a link between policy and science which form part of the Parties’ (FANRPAN and ATPS) mandate.
Posted on Wednesday 4th February, 2015
ATPS Executive Director, Dr. Nicholas Ozor Conferred with the 2014 CEMAC-UNN Sustainability Award on Social Responsibility.