The 3rd Steering Committee Meeting of the African Youth Forum for Science and Technology (AYFST) and the African Women Forum for Science and Technology (AWFST)
The 3rd Steering Committee Meeting of the African Youth Forum for Science and Technology (AYFST) and the African Women Forum for Science and Technology (AWFST) will be held on the 8th of March 2012 at the ATPS Secretariat in Nairobi, Kenya. The meeting follows the launch of the Y I Can and We CAN programs on the 17th of July, 2009 in Mombasa, Kenya, and the 2nd Steering Committee which was held on 09-11 August 2010 in Accra, Ghana,
The meeting will attract participation from the executive members of the AYFST and AWFST programs and is aimed at taking stock of the program activities since the last Steering Committee meetings. Other issues to be discussed include
- An update on ATPS supported activities since the last committee meeting;
- Detailed report of Executive Members’ activities and events undertaken in line with the AYFST and AWFST Plan of Action (PoA) throughout their tenure;
- Update on the status of the Climate Innovation Challenge grants commissioned in 2010;
- Strategic prioritization of AYFST/Y I Can and AWFST/We-CAN Program Implementation Strategy for the ATPS Phase VII, 2013 – 2017;
- Stock taking on the impact of AYFST / AWFST on the continent as per the ATPS Mid-term Evaluation report, and strategic response to the recommendations of the evaluation report;
- Election of Officers, Matrons, and Mentors for the AYFST and AWFST– setting criteria for nominations, and election procedures, among others.
The AYFST and AWFST are initiatives within the Phase VI Strategic Plan of the African Technology Policy Studies Network (ATPS), a multi-disciplinary network of researchers, private sector actors, policy makers and civil society actors promoting the generation, dissemination, use and mastery of science, technology and innovation (STI) for African development, environmental sustainability and global inclusion (www.atpsnet.org). The aim of the AYFST and AWFST are to provide a vehicle through which African youths and women can express their ideas, contribute their expertise and participate in STI policy research and policy processes in Africa.
Posted on Thursday 8th March, 2012
ATPS to participate in a side event at the 12th Special Session of the UNEP Governing Council/Global Ministerial Environment Forum
Communique from The 3rd Steering Committee Meeting of the African Women Forum for Science and Technology (AWFST) and the 6th meeting of the African Youth Forum for Science and Technology (AYFST)